Network AnalystFinance & Technology – IT & GIS
|Hours of Work||70 Hours Bi-weekly|
|Rate of Pay||$42.44 – 48.13 per hour (2016 rates)|
|Review of applications begins||4:00pm on May 1, 2018|
The Network Analyst provides leadership, direction and technical support for the Capital Regional District computer system in a Microsoft Windows network environment. The incumbent is responsible for providing day-to-day technical and analytical expertise in the support of various Microsoft Windows servers operating in a local area and wide area network configuration.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates and monitors Local and Wide Area Networks to ensure highest availability to clients.
- Provides direct customer technical support and complex problem solving.
- Oversees the status and performance of servers, network devices and computers within data centers.
- Identifies and resolves problems affecting network performance, client-server systems and peripherals.
- Evaluates, recommends, installs, builds, implements and maintains file servers.
- Enforces all corporate and security policies for all internal and external data access.
- Performs network additions, moves and changes as required.
- Creates and provides account management across numerous environments.
- Installs new network resources such as file servers, printers, networking components.
- Monitors various backup and recovery processes and procedures.
- Coordinates automated system processes and manual methods for the application of updates, patches, fixes and configuration changes.
- Administers and supports Windows Remote Desktop environment.
- Performs software assurance and acceptance testing for a wide variety of applications.
- Implements and maintains new or upgraded releases of vendor supplied systems and software, ensuring testing and documentation processes and policies are adhered to.
- Develops, tests and deploys advanced scripting to assist with the automation of various monitoring activities, including software roll-outs, and event notifications.
- Installs and supports a wide range of file storage technologies, Storage Area Networks and DASD.
- Plans, installs, deploys and maintains complex Virtual Machine infrastructure.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other IT staff on monitoring and troubleshooting techniques.
- Maintains and supports the Active Directory Policy Management.
- Drafts policies and procedures and works to implement strategies and standards.
- Documents system configurations, installations and procedures.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required
- Degree in Computer Science or related field with MCSE certification and six (6) years’ experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Windows operating systems, Active Directory and scripting
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP
- Advanced knowledge of Remote Desktop and Virtual Environments
- Strong skills in Active Directory Policy Management
- Experience working in a complex IT environment and sound network management principles
- Advanced Microsoft Windows Networking operating and diagnostic skills involving
- Active Directory, authentication methods, script writing and registry expertise
- Advance troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Exposure to a variety of different IT technologies and analytical techniques
- Willingness to drive to various CRD locations within the region as needed
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence (Class #5).
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.