Public Works Water/Wastewater Operator
The Town of Princeton has an immediate opportunity for a Water/Wastewater Operator for the Public Works Department.
Reporting to the Public Works Foreman, the Water/Wastewater operates, maintains, repairs, adjusts and monitors the municipal water supply systems and the wastewater collection and treatment systems including pipe lines, pump stations, lift stations, reservoirs, and waste water treatment facilities to ensure the water and waste water treatment systems meet the requirements of the provincial statutes and regulations.
- Minimum Grade 12 supplemented with EOCP Water Distribution Level III certificate, Water Treatment Level I certificate, Wastewater Treatment Level I certificate, Wastewater Collection II, Chlorine Handler Certificate, WHMIS, and a valid Class 5 driver’s license are required.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience operating water and wastewater systems in municipal works or related field.
- Skill in the use and care of all tools and equipment used in the work and sufficient physical strength and coordination to permit performance of heavy manual work outdoors in all weather.
- Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement or willing to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Strong leadership, administration and communications skills, along with proven interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems.
- An acceptable combination of related experience and education may be considered.
A copy of the job description for this position is available at our website www.princeton.ca.
Applications for this position must be directed to:
Town of Princeton
PO Box 670
151 Vermilion Ave
Princeton, BC V0X 1W0
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
The Town of Princeton thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Location: Princeton, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Public Works & Operations,Sewer & Wastewater,Water Services
Posted: April 5, 2018, 9:03 am
Expires: June 2, 2018, 4:30 pm