City of Surrey
Lifeguard Instructor & lifeguard Instructor 1 – Summer 2018 (Auxiliary)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The City of Surrey’s Recreation Division aims to build healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life. As part of that commitment, we’re looking for Lifeguards to help ensure our visitors can enjoy our facilities in a safe and comfortable environment.
See what our lifeguards say about their rewarding career
Our Lifeguards supervise the safety of swimmers in our facilities and provide exceptional customer service, high-quality learn-to-swim instruction and fun and interactive public swim programming. We are looking for responsible individuals who lead by example and:
- Are safety and customer focused
- Value diversity and inclusion
- Thrive in a team environment
- Are motivated and adaptable
- Are committed to continuous learning, and
- Demonstrate initiative and integrity
- Teach high-quality swim lesson programs for all ages
- Provide safety supervision for all swimmers
- Engage with a diverse client base to provide exceptional service
- Provide a clean and safe swimming environment, and;
Both positions require:
- Evening and Weekend availability
- Formal Lifeguard, Instructor, and First Aid training
- Current certificate as a Water Safety Instructor
- Current National Lifeguard Service – Pool Option Certificate
- Current Emergency First Aid and C.P.R. “C” with Auto External Defibrillation (must have been completed within one year)
- Candidates must successfully complete a rigorous screening process; including physical standards, first aid, lifeguard standards and water safety instructing skills.
Please note: Successful applicants must have valid certificates. C.P.R. “C” with AED must be current within one year. Please ensure your certifications are valid before applying. Certifications must be uploaded with the application.
To meet operational needs, the successful candidates may be placed at any of the City of Surrey's Indoor Pools
Individuals will be required to complete a Police Information Check.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: March 12, 2018, 3:49 pm
Expires: April 12, 2018, 4:30 pm