Emergency Program Coordinator
Full-time (35/hours week)
Situated in a lush valley surrounded by stunning mountain vistas, just 35 km from Whistler, Pemberton is one of the most desirable communities in BC. Enjoy mild winters and warm summers, and a young, vibrant community with a unique pioneer heritage. Opportunities abound to enjoy arts, culture, recreation, family amenities and comfortable lodging. The Village of Pemberton prides itself on its creative and collaborative approach with the business community, local volunteer groups, and neighbouring communities.
Reporting to the Fire Chief, the Emergency Management Coordinator will be responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of the Emergency Management Program, coordination of activities related to the Pemberton Fire Department and 9-1-1 Service. This position holds two equal areas of responsibility, with a focus on management of all aspects of the Emergency Management Program, public education for both fire prevention and emergency preparedness, and administrative and project support to the operations of the Fire Department.
- Related post-secondary education
- Completion of Emergency Management training
- Minimum 3 years working in an administrative role
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an emergency management role
- Experience providing public education in emergency preparedness and fire prevention
- Possess a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License
- Completion of, or willingness to complete, Emergency Management courses
- Experience working in a Volunteer Fire Department setting a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Local Government Operations a strong asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and references by 12:00 noon, Wednesday, February 28th, 2018 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full job description and more information on the Village of Pemberton visit www.pemberton.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Pemberton, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Emergency Preparedness/Planning
Posted: February 13, 2018, 1:57 pm
Expires: February 28, 2018, 12:00 pm