City of Surrey
(Regular Full Time)
The Corporate Services Department has an opportunity for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Legislative Services Division.
- Performing from moderately difficult clerical and advanced administrative work.
- Recording of Council/Committee proceedings while acting as an assistant to various Council appointed committees.
- Preparing agendas, backup and other related correspondence.
- Providing guidance to committees regarding Council's Procedure By-Law, Roberts Rule of Order, the Local Government Act and the Community Charter.
- Drafting correspondence for the signature of the City Clerk/Mayor where the elected/appointed body interacts with the public.
- Drafting reports for the consideration and approval of the City Clerk.
- Coordinating Counsil packages and ensuring all relevant information is ready for pick and delivery.
- Managing workload to meet numerous deadlines, sets out priorities and demostrates flexibility in working with changing priorities.
- Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by several courses in office or business administration.
- A minimum of 5 years office experience and knowledge of the works of a municipality including experience in a City Clerk’s department or equivalent recognized education and experience may be considered.
- An accurate typing speed of 70 WPM and a valid BC Driver’s license with a safe driving record are required.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca