BC Public Service
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Director of Structural EngineeringDo you want to be a Strategic Leader in a Ministry that's on the move?
Salary $100,000 - $125,000 annually
Position available in Kamloops, other locations may be considered.
Every minute of every day, the people and businesses in this province rely on the services provided by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure. This service to British Columbians is the core mandate of our ministry and depends on decisive, knowledgeable and forward-thinking leaders. The Structural Engineering group is responsible for managing the structural health of approximately 5000 structures, including over 2900 bridges.
As Director of Structural Engineering, you will be integral to decisions surrounding the engineering, construction supervision and asset management of both new and existing structures across the Province. You will also be responsible for providing strong leadership and strategic visioning within your team and supporting consistency and continuous improvement across all engineering disciplines. The successful candidate will lead a large, geographically-dispersed group of technicians and professionals responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining our structures province-wide, as well as developing policies and procedures to support the application of Ministry standards and practices. This position is mission-critical to the ministry and requires a unique combination of experience and knowledge.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Business, or a related field of study, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Extensive recent, related management experience in:
- Highways management, including strategic and business planning, issue management, program implementation and management.
- Dealing with complex highways management related issues.
- The management and supervision of geographically dispersed multi-disciplinary staff.
- Leading operations and a proven record of strategically aligning business operations, directing budgets, human resources, public relations and communications.
- Negotiating/mediating solutions.
- Establishing and reconciling program and project objectives, priorities and budgets.
To learn more, including how to apply online by February 27, 2018 please visit:
Location: Kamloops, BC
Region: Thompson / Shuswap / Columbia
Professional Categories: Engineering
Posted: February 9, 2018, 11:53 am
Expires: February 27, 2018, 4:30 pm