SAP Reporting AnalystRequisition ID: 9581
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world by 2020 and we are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
SAP’s Business warehouse (BW) is a key element of the City of Vancouver’s Enterprise Analytics Landscape. The primary purpose of this position is to conduct business requirements analysis; design and implementation of BOBI based Analytics solutions in coordination with the SAP Business support Team and the Enterprise Data and Analytics Team. This role is also responsible for the alignment and integration between the SAP ECC and SAP BW and the Enterprise Data and Analytics architecture, including any enterprise data warehouses in relation to cross-referencing SAP Data with the information from other Systems of Record within the City of Vancouver (adhering to Enterprise Data & Analytics Guidelines in relation to Data Sources, Formats and Tools).
The SAP Reporting Analyst is expected to deliver end-user training and support, and maintain documentation and other materials up to date.
- Supports City’s SAP BI footprint with special attention to business needs and training in usage of SAP BOBI tools.
- Works with the business to Review and/or extract requirements, and identifies business process gaps in the system through formal and informal communications.
- Works closely with other members of the SAP Team to continue the development of Finance, HCM, MM, RE and PM reporting in BW/BI.
- Works with Enterprise Data and Analytics team and vendors to ensure that the requirements are understood and an efficient, well designed solution is developed.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new tools and methodologies for development of intuitive visualization dashboards and analytic reports.
- Explores new capabilities and makes recommendations to improve operational effectiveness through the use of technology and makes recommendations where appropriate (make changes to use of system, business process and/or add additional functionality).
- Delivers presentations to customers (users, departments) and technical staff on SAP BOBI related solutions and specific technologies.
- Provides problem resolution for calls referred by Help Desk.
- Provides support to corporate and departmental reporting, assists in the use of existing reports, and develops/documents additional reports, as required.
- Monitors applications performance, trouble shoots problems with technical specialists.
- Participates in training of customers and provides on-going training support and guidance.
- In coordination with the Data and Analytics Team develops reporting standards and best practises. Has access to highly sensitive and business critical data from all City departments (e.g. employee and payroll records)
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Position Requirements
- Related Post-secondary degree, with preference for graduate degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SAP Certification (or an equivalent combination of training and experience).
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible information technology experience in SAP BW 7.4+, BI tools including BOBJ hands-on work experience.
- Requires knowledge in handing extractors for Finance, PS/IM, Inventory, HR (Payroll, Time, OM and PA) and Plant Maintenance.
- Knowledge of SAP ABAP programming including coding BW extractors and transformations.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP Business Objects Platform , Design Studio (Scripting), Lumira (Design & Discovery), Web Intelligence, MS Analysis for Office & AOLAP, Crystal Reports, and BEx Query Designer.
- Good understanding of SAP platform integration and functional knowledge around SAP Finance, HCM, Inventory and Plant Maintenance modules.
- Demonstrated operational and project management skills: results focused, team oriented.
- Broad knowledge across multiple aspects of the business (i.e., organizational structure, key players, current business processes and supporting systems and services, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with reporting tools such as QlikView, Qlik Sense and Power BI is a plus.Thorough working knowledge of office productivity tools (e.g. Windows, MS Office, MS Project, Visio, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Combination of strong technical and business skills is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to handle business critical and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Continuous improvement and continuous learning mindset.
Additional Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of current trends in SAP related products and solutions (eg. Fiori, S/4HANA).
- Extensive knowledge of municipal business processes would be an asset.
- Experience with Agile development and the use of tools such as VSTS would be an asset.
Business Unit/Department: IT, Digital Strategy & 311 (1070)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: February 2018
Application Close: February 25, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Information Technology
Posted: February 9, 2018, 9:25 am
Expires: February 25, 2018, 11:45 pm