Office Support Clerk II (Temp Agency)
Requisition ID: 7361
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world by 2020 and we are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
We are currently accepting applications from qualified individuals available for on-call and temporary administrative positions that occur because of illness, vacation, or special workload needs at various City worksites. These on-call and temporary assignments vary in length.
Duties may include word processing, data entry, customer service, cashiering, calendar managment, and other administrative functions.
Applicants must have a reasonable amount of availability.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 supplemented by business-related courses and computer courses
- Minimum two years experience in general office and clerical work
- Experience with cashiering and customer service are an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite are an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Strong keyboarding skills (min 40/wpm)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP and mapping software is an asset
- Ability to learn and to adapt to new computer systems and technology
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal tactfully and effectively with the public and staff
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to adapt quickly to varying assignments and to changing environments.
Prescreened candidates will have to pass the City's standard test in typing, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
Business Unit/Department: Human Resources (1020) - Temporary Agency
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: As needed
Salary Information: Most positions are Pay Grade GR-013: $22.98 to $26.91 per hour
Application Close: February 23, 2018