Deputy Corporate Officer
The City of Armstrong is a growing, progressive community, located in the beautiful North Okanagan, 15 minutes north of the City of Vernon on Highway 97A. Our location allows for a quality lifestyle in a friendly community with access to many amenities while living in the Heart of Country.
The City is looking to attract a progressive and accomplished professional to join our team as Deputy Corporate Officer. The Deputy Corporate Officer is responsible for providing professional support services to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Mayor and Council. This position serves as the Chief Elections Officer and assists the CAO for the purposes of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA). In the absence of the CAO, the Deputy Corporate Officer performs the statutory duties of the Corporate Officer, as described in Section 148 of the Community Charter.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Deputy Corporate Officer is responsible to work in a leadership capacity where a high degree of confidentiality, tact and diplomacy is essential. The position performs a variety of professional administrative tasks, often of a complex and sensitive nature.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12 Education
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary local government administration program, or working towards completion.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience in a local government setting, in an administrative function, with an aptitude for the position.
- Current basic criminal record check satisfactory to the employer.
- Completion of the Certified Municipal Clerk designation, or working towards completion.
- Completion of courses and training related to Emergency Management.
The complete job description is posted on our website www.cityofarmstrong.bc.ca. Salary to be negotatied dependent on experience and qualifications.
Please submit, in confidence, your detailed resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the position as well as three professional references to:
Melinda Stickney, Chief Administrative Officer
City of Armstrong
Box 40, 3570 Bridge Street, Armstrong, BC V0E 1B0
Closing date for receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Monday, January 29, 2018.