City of Surrey
Community Services Assistant -
Stewardship Programs Assistant -
Urban Forestry (Auxiliary)
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Surrey’s Urban Forestry team delivers a range of environmental stewardship and education programs, with a goal of increasing awareness, appreciation and stewardship of Surrey’s natural areas and shade trees.
This auxiliary position will have varying scheduling needs, and is expected to regularly include evening and weekend work.
In this position, the Park Play Assistant will:
- Support community outreach initiatives and hands-on environmental stewardship programs related to Surrey’s urban forest;
- Work with schools, community groups, volunteers and the general public;
- plan, schedule, implement, deliver and promote habitat restoration and enhancement projects such as drop-in Nature Work Party volunteer events, Releaf tree planting programs, invasive plant removals, park clean-ups, and the care of young street trees;
- Assist with various administrative duties, promotion and marketing, providing information to the public, and coordinating event.
- Have strong interpersonal, planning and organizational skills; strong leadership ability; effective oral and written communication skills; the ability to work independently and in a team setting; and are able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, staff and the public;
- Have a working knowledge of local flora and fauna, and an understanding of environmental education and stewardship;
- Previous experience working with children and youth is an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at SurreyCareers.ca to Job ID 1879. Posting will remain online until the position is filled.