Manager of Human Resources
Play a key role working with and leading the District’s best asset!
We are seeking a human resources professional who brings expertise in labour relations and strategic human resource management to join our team. As the Manager of Human Resources, you:
- Manage the overall development, coordination, evaluation, and administration of the District’s Human Resources programs and policies
- expertise, advice and guidance on all matters related to labour relations including:
- Collective agreement negotiation, administration, and interpretation
- Managing and leading grievanceprocesses
- Conducting workplace investigations
- Provide leadership and oversight of our HR team
- Develop and implement strategic workforce planning, succession planning, and other related strategic planning
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the Senior Leadership Team to achieve our organizational goals
Our ideal candidate has an extensive background in all areas of Human Resources with a recent significant focus in labour relations gained from working in a unionized environment - preferably in the local government sector. In addition to possessing your CPHR and a post-secondary degree in Human Resources or a related field, you will have a minimum of eight years of progressive experience in Human Resources in a unionized environment, with at least three years of supervisory and labour relations experience.
We believe our people are the core of what we do. We are proud of the team we have, and as an integral player in our leadership team you will work hard every day to hardwire our people for lasting success. This is an incredible opportunity to play a key role delivering outstanding service and working with the District’s best asset – our people!
A complete job description can be viewed at: http://squamish.ca/yourgovernment/careers/job-postings/
Please submit your cover letter and resume quoting competition #17-103 to:
District of Squamish
37955 Second Avenue, P.O. Box 310, Squamish, BC V8B 0A3
Application deadline: Until position is filled.
Compensation: Salary range $88,266- $103,842 depending on experience and includes an excellent benefits package as well as a compressed work week.
Location: Squamish, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Human Resources
Posted: December 6, 2017, 8:54 am
Expires: February 6, 2018, 4:30 pm