Engineering and Community Services Technologist
The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is comprised of six member municipalities and eight Electoral Areas, each containing numerous unique communities, cultures and landscapes. The FVRD covers roughly 13,900 square kilometers, equal to more than twice the size of Prince Edward Island.
The Engineering and Community Services Department provides utilities and community services to the Electoral Areas including water and sewer systems, solid waste and recyclables collection services, solid waste transfer stations, landfills, and flood protection works.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, independent individual to fill the full-time position of Engineering and Community Services Technologist. Under the direction of the Manager of Engineering and Infrastructure, the incumbent will work as part of a team responsible for providing the coordination of service delivery of utility and community services. As required, this position will also provide support to community use facilities, emergency management, street lighting services and other utilities or programs that may come on line; and assist with feasibility studies and procurement of future services and programs.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A Degree or Diploma in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering or Civil Engineering with a good understanding of and experience working with environmental issues relating to water and sewer; solid waste; and eligible for registration as a AScT or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in local government service delivery including engineering and utilities;
- Experience in public promotion and managing projects, conducting research and feasibility studies;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and converse with technical consultants, staff and the general public;
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to prepare well written technical and administrative reports, and make effective presentations;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with consultants, contractors, stakeholders, staff, elected officials, advisory bodies and the public;
- Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $32.40 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage will increase to $38.12 per hour.
The FVRD offers a great place to work and live with a mix of rural and urban life styles along with an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities. For more information about the FVRD, please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2017-40 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on November 27, 2017 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
Or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Engineering,Community Services
Posted: November 10, 2017, 3:18 pm
Expires: November 27, 2017, 4:30 pm