Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Tow Truck Operator
DEPARTMENT: Engineering Operations
NO. OF POSITIONS: One
UNION: CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK: See Below *
SALARY: $29.64/hour (2017 rates) $30.23/hour (2018 rates) + 12% in lieu of all benefits & vacation
- Completion of Grade 12 (or equivalent), with considerable experience and knowledge in the operation of a tow truck and related equipment.
- Previous experience in construction and maintenance work would be considered an asset.
- Sound knowledge of the rules of safe operation and precautions necessary to avoid accidents and to increase efficiency when operating such equipment.
- Ability to recover damaged vehicles involved in motor vehicle accidents and to recover vehicles from off highway locations.
- Ability to deal effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to perform record keeping duties, data entry, and receive and deposit cash receipts.
- Ability to perform effective pre and post trip inspections and to perform minor automotive and equipment maintenance tasks.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Physical strength and stamina to perform job duties.
- Willingness to work outdoors in any and all weather conditions.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Ability to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
*Shifts will be scheduled as operationally required. The successful candidate will be available for a variety of shifts scheduled for up to 12 hours in length, on days, nights and weekends.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #17-153, by November 24, 2017 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of New Westminster is committed to employment equity.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.