Assistant Director - Human ResourcesOne of the largest, most progressive and diverse urban school districts in the province, Burnaby School District is seeking a highly motivated and proven professional for the newly-created position of Assistant Director – Human Resources. In a district that values inclusion, innovation and empowerment, you will be a member of the management team, developing and implementing best practices in Human Resources services supporting a staff of 4,000 in over 50 sites. Candidates must have a strong belief in and commitment to public education.
Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent – Human Resources, the Assistant Director – Human Resources has leadership responsibility for the direction and maintenance of Human Resources operations and initiatives for the district, with a focus on CUPE staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree in Human Resources Administration or Business Administration, or equivalent
- Certified Human Resources professional designation (CPHR) is preferred
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience as a Human Resources Generalist in a labour relations environment
- Superior interpersonal, communication, conflict resolution, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to negotiate with the Union President and work effectively in a team environment
- Experience and demonstrated success working in a unionized environment
- Experience in a school district or other public sector environment is preferred
The successful candidate will provide Labour Relations and Human Resources expertise and will provide leadership, advice and support on employee relations matters including discipline, grievances, performance issues, occupational health, wellness and attendance support to District Staff.
Applications: A competitive salary is offered, together with a generous benefits package. The successful applicant will be required to successfully complete two criminal record checks.
Your application must include your resume, proof of education and three reference contacts.
Resumes should be forwarded no later than October 31, 2017 to:
School District 41 (Burnaby)
5325 Kincaid Street
Burnaby, B.C. V5G 1W2
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Human Resources
Posted: October 12, 2017, 1:09 pm
Expires: October 31, 2017, 4:30 pm