Labourer (Roads & Transportation)
The District of West Vancouver’s Roads & Transportation Department is currently looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual who is dedicated, punctual, and safety-conscious to join our team as a temporary full-time Labourer. The successful candidate is a team player with a service orientation, who will perform a variety of manual tasks that relate to the road and transportation network within the District, including:
- Assessing, repairing, and installing road signage
- Performing a variety of tasks in the maintenance of road operation
- Cleaning trucks and equipment as needed
- Maintaining equipment in a safe and secure manner
- Operating basic hand and power tools, such as weed eaters, pole pruners, chain saws, and plate tampers.
- Completing daily maintenance logs and records, including some computer related work
- Providing manual labourer assistance on various tasks and assignments
- Assisting with road related emergency response, including traffic control
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment or alone while maintaining a safety first mentality
- Work outdoors in a physically demanding role in all types of weather conditions
The following credentials are considered an asset but are not mandatory:
- Previous experience or training in general landscape maintenance, snow ploughing, working on a blacktop crew and working in and around traffic.
Candidates must hold a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License. Candidates will be asked to provide a Driver’s Abstract directly from ICBC.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or attached to the job posting on our website: www.westvancouver.ca.
|Position Status:||WVMEA (Union) – Temporary, Full-time|
|Hours of Work:||40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)|
|Rate of Pay:||$24.48-$27.49 per hour (2016 Rates)|
|Closing Date:||Noon, Friday May 5, 2017|
|To Apply:||Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.|
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.