Supervisor, Sales & Revenue Development - (2017-044)
Victoria - Victoria, BC V8W 9T5 CA (Primary)
Hours per Week
# of Hires Needed
Responsible for the analysis, report creation and presentation of all passenger and commercial revenue projects within BC Transit’s systems and communicating BC Transit’s Corporate Revenue Strategy to internal and external stakeholders. Plays a vital role in identifying and evaluating opportunities to strategically align pricing for transit products and systems with the goal to support revenue generation.
- Identifies, evaluates and implements opportunities to strategically align pricing for transit systems and transit system fare products.
- Identifies, evaluates and implements commercial revenue opportunities, ventures and programs.
- Prepares and presents business cases that clearly justify the potential opportunity and include revenue forecast and analysis, allocation of required capital and resources, timelines and risks.
- Recommends changes to existing ventures, fares, products and services, and policies by evaluating results and competitive and/or community developments.
- Understands BC Transit legislative and operating environment, and uses this knowledge to focus efforts for potential and changing opportunities by regional area.
- Consults with internal and external stakeholders to build strong relationships and understand impacts of decisions on those stakeholder groups.
- Keeps senior management informed by submitting updates, such as regional area analyses and progress reports.
- Resolves stakeholder concerns by investigating problems, developing solutions and making recommendations to senior management.
- Ensuring data integrity and accuracy, maintains a variety of records including active and historical sales by area and project, Transit System Tariffs, fare product pricing and policy by operating system and fare structure changes and implementation dates.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with all levels of staff as well as internal and external stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Post secondary degree in business, commerce or a related discipline plus a minimum five (5) years experience in commercial sales environment successfully securing new commercial ventures and accounts and writing and presenting business cases. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered. Experience working in a unionized environment an asset.
- Experience in accounting, economics and pricing is an asset) reading and understanding financial reports, developing statistical and other sensitive analyses). Sound knowledge of accounting, sales and revenue processes, pricing and variance analysis, economic indicators and forecasting.
Occupational Health and Safety Knowledge - Is knowledgeable about workplace health and safety, places high importance on safety and diligently follows safe operating procedures; promotes and displays a positive safety attitude and is proactive about safety for themselves, peers and customers.
Accountability - Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work goals and objectives and consistently delivering results; setting high standards of performance for self and others.
Decision Making - Obtains information; identifies key issues and implications to make informed, objective decisions.
Interpersonal Relationships - Develops and maintains effective relationships with others, relates well to people from varied backgrounds and in different situations, show understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy and politeness.
Technical Knowledge and Continuous Learning - Applies and acquires new knowledge and skills including new and emerging trends or information in the industry; sets and pursues learning/ growth opportunities and goals.
Initiative - Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them.
Collaboration - Builds an effective team that understands and supports the vision, values and objectives of the organization; shares the strategic direction, provides clarity as needed and recognizes team accomplishments; proactively works with team members to address and resolve any conflicts.
Communication - Provides regular, consistent and relevant information to others and ensures appropriate individuals are informed; listens carefully to others, asks questions or clarification and responds thoughtfully; communicates in a clear and concise manner using appropriate content, style and method of communication to suit the needs of the individual or audience
- This position requires the completion of a Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical Services Plan (MSP) group coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Pension Plan
- Employee fitness centre, at both the Victoria and Langford depots
- A complimentary BC Transit bus pass, plus 2 taxable dependent passes
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Social Club
- Employee Recognition Program
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Financial Administration,Economic Development
Posted: April 21, 2017, 9:37 am
Expires: May 3, 2017, 4:30 pm