Oval Team LeaderIn this leadership role, you will be responsible for the preparedness and execution of parking and event services!
Position Type: Auxiliary Part-Time
Direct Supervisor: Manager, Operations
Applicant Closing Date: Sunday, May 7
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, May 15
Number of positions available: 2
Through a variety of supervisory, organizational and leadership skills, the Oval Team Leader (OTL) is responsible for the preparedness and execution of parking and event services. A diplomat and ambassador of the Oval, the OTL will create a welcoming environment that is inspirational to staff, and rewarding to our Oval members, partners and guests. The OTL will however need to provide firm and clear leadership in communication to ensure that operational outcomes are met. Though assigned to the Operations department, the OTL will work closely with all Oval staff in defining and delivering service excellence. Strong communication skills and attention to detail will make the selected candidate a vital member of the Richmond Olympic Oval Team.
Your core responsibilities include,
Events & Parking Scenarios
1. Liaise with internal & external event organizers as required
2. Maintain safety and security of people, property, equipment and assets
Services Initiatives & Staff Development
3. Lead & assist with parking and/or event execution, maintenance and logistics
4. Facility and staff preparedness:
- Ensure timeliness and quality of facility conversions
- Maintain overall Oval aesthetics (front and back-of-house)
- Conduct event and daily staff briefings as required
- Event and crowd control, including vehicle staging
- Resource management and priority planning
- Staff training, coaching, supervision, and related tasks
- Alarm and scene management
- Investigations, reports and follow-up
7. Other related duties as assigned and/or required
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include,
- Completion of grade 12
- Previous experience and/or demonstrated ability within; event conversions, A/V & IT services, hospitality & customer service, traffic management, etc.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence
- Service detailed, with ability to perform with initiative, and execute sound judgement in team environment and/or working independently
- Demonstrated safety & organizational skills
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to meet & maintain the ongoing physical needs (walking, standing, lifting, push/pull, etc.) of the job, in all types of climate (indoor & outdoor)
- Must be able to complete and maintain a successful criminal record check
- Flexible schedule determined by operational need
The Richmond Olympic Oval offers a dynamic and exciting work culture with a competitive wage rate to the successful candidate. If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!
Apply directly online at careers.richmondoval.ca.
Location: Richmond, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Event Planning / Management,Parking/Towing Services
Posted: April 21, 2017, 8:23 am
Expires: May 7, 2017, 4:30 pm