Benefits of Associate MembershipAssociate Memberships are available to select private organizations that provide key supports or services to British Columbia’s local governments.
To be considered for Associate Membership, firms must have a demonstrable history of professional and/or volunteer support for local governments or related professional bodies. Firms that compete directly with any of our Regular Members are ineligible for Associate Membership, unless an exemption is granted by the affected member and the CivicInfo BC Board of Directors.
Associate Membership does not constitute an endorsement of any kind by the CivicInfo BC Society, the CivicInfo BC Board of Directors, or CivicInfo BC staff.
If your firm meets our criteria, and you are interested in becoming an Associate Member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to the application form.
Associate Members receive:
- Basic access to a contact list tool,,subject to appropriate use and Canada Anti-Spam Legislation compliance. Our directories feature over 10,000 local government staff and elected officials from across British Columbia, as well as contacts from most municipal agencies and associations.
- Access to our CivicStats on-line data visualization and statistics platform, featuring over 4 million BC local government data-points.
- A listing in our Associate Members directory which includes your logo, a brief description of your organization, general contact information, and a list of your key staff. CivicInfo BC’s directories receive over 1 million views per year.
- The ability to list training opportunities in our event calendar, when such opportunities are primarily focused on local government staff and elected officials, and subject to CivicInfo BC editorial approval.
- Complimentary advertising space in our weekly email newsletters. Associate Members may place up to 10 complimentary advertisements per year, consisting of a logo, up to 75 words of text, and a link. Newsletters are delivered weekly to thousands of local government professionals across British Columbia.
- Login access to CI Connect, through which Associate Members can access and manage their CivicInfo BC services.