Agencies & Associations

Selkirk College

Selkirk College

Post Secondary Program
BC's Oldest Community College

Selkirk is not only BC’s oldest regional college but the first created through a community referendum. The very first day of classes at Selkirk College were held in temporary buildings, abandoned bunkhouses at Celgar, a local pulp and paper mill. It was September 1966 but the college’s roots trace back to 1964 – 1965, during which discussions and forums finally resulted in a regional vote in favour of funding BC's first regional college.

Many of our trades programs have been in continuous operation on the present day Silver King Campus of Selkirk College since 1964 when the facility was then called the British Columbia Vocational School. It was the first such institute in BC and it officially became part of Selkirk College in 1975.
Mailing Address 900 Helena Street, Trail, BC, V1R 4S6
Street Address 900 Helena Street
Phone 888-953-1133
Region West Kootenay / Boundary, BC

Map

Back to Top