Upcoming Events< Previous Event 128 of 142 Next >
MATI - Community Planning for Local Government ProfessionalsLocal Government Management Association and Capilano University
Are you making planning decisions, but have no formal planning education or little planning experience?
You are not alone. Many BC municipalities have no registered planners on staff. MATI Community Planning is a program designed by a team of planners and educators especially for you.
In this week long residential course you will...
- Work with some of the most highly regarded planners in BC, and build a network of local government and planning colleagues.
- Learn to work more effectively with Council and community members on planning and development issues.
- Develop a critical understanding of various planning approaches.
- Learn to administer various land use permits, regulations, bylaws, and subdivision processes.
- Learn to apply the principal approving officer tools.
- Learn to effectively oversee land use planning consultants.
- Bring a challenging planning issue to discuss with planning experts and colleagues.
- Take home a planning “tool kit” you can use on Monday morning.
Time and Place
The 2018 session of MATI Community Planning will start at 4:00 pm on Sunday September 30th at The Cove Lakeside Resort, West Kelowna. The course will run all week, with participants living “in residence” at the beautiful Cove Lakeside Resort. See www.covelakeside.com. The program will end before lunch on Friday October 5th.
How to Register
To apply for attendance at MATI Community Planning, please go to the special CivicInfo website below and apply by June 15, 2018.
Alison McNeil, MATI Community Planning Coordinator will contact you on or before June 16, 2018 to confirm details of your registration. All students are expected to attend the full course, starting Sunday 4 pm and ending Friday 12 noon.
The fee per participant is $2,730 (plus $136.50 GST). This is an all-inclusive fee, which will cover tuition, course materials, accommodation, all meals and refreshment breaks, and all special recreational activities.