Upcoming Events< Previous Event 52 of 125 Next >
Strategic Alignment: Social Innovation Applied to Civic Leadership ChallengesDalhousie University
November 17 start - Online Program at Dalhousie University
Now more than ever, local government professionals, managers and elected officials require creative approaches to seek strategic alignment. Community safety, aging infrastructure, climate change, fiscal sustainability and economic readiness are just a few dominant strategic topics that defy traditional strategic planning.
Join colleagues across Canada through a social innovation laboratory to address ‘real time’ organizational and community challenges (& opportunities):
- Understand systems thinking and social innovation concepts
- Leverage community and external expertise and resources
- Analyze the context and focus of complex topics
- Design a social innovation approach for a real time’ strategic topic
- Develop practical solution seeking strategies and action plans
- Obtain diverse stakeholder ownership or buy-in to corporate strategies
- Facilitate groups in multi-stage strategic processes
The program will be facilitated by Dr. Gordon McIntosh and will provide participants with a 'takeaway’ toolkit to enhance strategic and problem-solving practices in their organizations.
For more information email email@example.com or visit:Executive Certificate in Local Governement Leadership Fall 2019