Upcoming Events< Previous Event 82 of 102 Next >
Posted: June 21, 2019Back to Top
Small Water SystemsBC Water and Waste Association
LEARNING OBJECTIVESAfter completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the factors that impact water quality, the legislation that governs water quality and supply, and how to monitor and report on your water system to protect public health.
- Understand common water treatment methods, including filtration, and the safe use of chlorine, ozone and UV for disinfection.
- Understand how water distribution systems function, including the materials and equipment, repair and maintenance procedures and safety.
WHO SHOULD ATTENDYou should take this course if you:
- Operate or maintain water systems that serve a population of less than 500; or
- Are preparing to write the Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification exam for small water systems.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUSThis course provides 1.2 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small water systems (SWS)
- water treatment (WT)
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
- water distribution (WD)
Date: November 4 - 5, 2019
Event Type: Course
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast