Stay current on key trends and legislative changes for Freedom of Information and Privacy!
The Third Edition of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act Toolkit for Local Government
Organizations is Now Available.
Support your local government and your citizens to understand and effectively carry out your responsibilities to
administer the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
This Toolkit is intended as a best practice guide for employees who have responsibility for administering the FOIPP Act.
It also provides ideas for establishing policies that have been successfully administered in other jurisdictions
and includes sample bylaws and letters.
The Third Edition of the Toolkit has been updated to reflect recent orders made by the BC Office of the Information and
Privacy Commissioner and to expand on privacy management.
Significant changes featured in this edition include new information on privacy complaints and breaches, privacy management,
social media and electronic communications, and updates to Office of Information and Privacy Commissioner resources.
Significant changes include:
- Cabinet and Local Government Body Confidences (Closed Meetings)
- Privacy complaints and breaches
- Cloud Computing
- Video Surveillance
- Open Information Program including proactive disclosure, disclosure logs, and open data policy
- Privacy Management Program
- Criminal Records Checks
- Use of Personal Email Accounts for Public Business
- Mobile Device Applications ('Apps')
- Online Consent
- Updates to Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner Orders (OIPC)
- Update to OIPC’s Resources
- Added references to more OIPC's orders for exceptions under the Act and disclosure of personal information
- Added references to new guides and investigative reports from the OIPC
- Highlight of cases of particular note
- Includes a list of keywords contained in the Toolkit and cross-references to sections containing the key
||Print Version (includes Electronic Version)
||$250.00 + GST
||$320.00 + GST
||$295.00 + GST
||$365.00 + GST
All orders, both electronic and print version, will receive an emailed link to access a PDF of the entire manual via Dropbox.
Print orders received by October 10, 2014, will be shipped by October 31st. For orders received after October 10, you will receive a confirmation of the date of shipment for print orders via email.
further information contact:
Government Management Association
7th Floor - 620 View Street, Victoria, B.C., V8W 1J6