BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Competition No. 20-27E
Economic Development Coordinator
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
Reporting to the Manager of Planning and working in the Okanagan Falls RDOS Office, this regular, full-time Economic Development Coordinator position is responsible for the implementation of work programs, strategic projects and initiatives relating to business and industry attraction, retention and expansion, economic diversification, community marketing and tourism, and small business support services within Electoral Area “D”.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Public or Business Administration or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related role, preferably in a local government environment. This experience shall include some related aspects of budget maintenance.
- Ability to provide leadership to rural communities in the achievement of community goals and objectives.
- Proven experience working in a fluid, changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with change and help others move towards a shared and common vision.
- Experience in project management, project/program delivery, event planning/coordination and resource management is an asset.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analytical skills. Ability to prepare and deliver oral presentations and communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and tactful manner often in a sensitive and/or conflict situations.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s Licence.
This regular, full-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $35.96, Paygrade 7, plus an attractive fringe benefits package.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit applications in PDF format quoting Competition No. 20-27E by 4:00 pm on Friday, August 14, 2020 to:
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street,
Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
Fax: 250- 492-0063
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.