BC Local Government Job Posting Service
School District No. 57 (Prince George)
School District No. 57 is located in the centre of the province, extending north to Mackenzie, south to Hixon, and east to McBride and Valemount. The district encompasses 52,000 square kilometers and is the second largest school district in the province in geographical size. We have 32 elementary schools, 8 secondary schools, and a Centre for Learning Alternatives.
Known as BC's northern capital, Prince George is a bustling city of over 77,000 residents, situated at the crossroads of Hwy. 97 (north-south) and Hwy. 16 (east-west), and at the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako Rivers. As a major City of the Pacific Rim, Prince George is firmly tied to the global market. The area offers a lifestyle that is definitely worth boasting about. Residents enjoy affordable housing, incomes above provincial averages, an extensive range of quality services, and cultural and sports events. Recreational opportunities are second to none and range from golfing, skiing, fishing and hunting to an endless list of team sports. Local post-secondary educational facilities include the University of Northern British Columbia and the College of New Caledonia.
Click here to apply
Job Description & Requirements
40 hours per week
General Manager, Facility Services
With minimal direction the locksmith performs the installation, maintenance, repair and record keeping of locking/keying systems. The locksmith works cooperatively with other employees, and the public.
- Recommends, establishes and maintains master keying systems for new and existing sites.
- Maintains and keeps accurate records of all district locking/keying systems.
- Prepares estimates for labour and material costs associated with projects, utilizing provided data.
- Issues keys and maintains records of keys issued and returned.
- Prepares door and hardware schedules.
- Repairs, adjusts, services and installs lock sets and door hardware.
- Orders parts and material as required.
- Reports work completed including time and materials used.
- Advises and assists other employees as appropriate.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other maintenance related or emergent duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, SKILLS:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Valid provincial certificate of qualification as a Locksmith Journeyperson.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Journey person.
- Thorough knowledge of Master Keying systems, door closures and associated hardware.
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, including Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and WorkSafeBC regulations.
- Knowledge of building, fire and electrical codes to determine compliance.
- Intermediate knowledge of computerized systems.
- Experience in construction an asset.
- Ability to plan and schedule work and organize the workload effectively.
- Competent in the use and care of tools and equipment common to this trade.
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail.
- Ability to use courtesy and tact in the explanation of and discussion of information in contact with students, suppliers and other staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform individually and as part of a team.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED (Locksmith)
Hand tools, power tools, air tools, truck, and other locksmith’s equipment.
- Sufficient vision to perform duties of a locksmith.
- Fundamental ability to use the tools and equipment of the trade.
- Physical ability to perform all duties of the trade.
Contact Helen Schlick if you have any questions at email@example.com