BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Operations & Records Liaison – RCMP Training Opportunity #172
Closing Date: August 13, 2020
At the City of Kamloops, we are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
A challenging and exciting opportunity exists for a permanent, full-time Operations and Records Liaison - RCMP - Training Opportunity with the City of Kamloops. This position is responsible for coordinating and processing court files and applications; liaising with Crown Counsel; processing digital fingerprints; and reading and reviewing files to ensure investigational quality, accuracy, and policy compliance is complete and properly documented
Typical duties of this position include:
- Creates, scores, and maintains operational and protected files on internal and statutory investigations, including reading and examining new files for quality assurance.
- Handles a wide variety of inquiries from the general public, and acts as a subject matter expert to staff for specialized situations.
- Reviews and swears all Information as prepared by Federal and Provincial Crowns and ensures all Federal Crown reports are accompanied by properly typed information.
- Compiles data, prepares reports, and opens non-emergency operational police files in PRIME.
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- Minimum of ten years' previous experience in a municipal support position within a policing environment, with extensive knowledge of exhibits, CPIC, PRIME, JUSTIN, reviewing and scoring operational files, reviewing court files and the RCMP filing and records systems.
- Proficient in basic Word and basic Excel, as demonstrated through testing. A 70% pass rate is required.
- Ability to obtain a Special Provincial Constable appointment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain RCMP Reliability Security Clearance.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. Please note that more than one may be hired. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
Please see the attached job description for a fully qualified Operations and Records Liaison for more details and review the attached Training Opportunity Terms and Conditions.
Awarding of Training Opportunity:
To be successful for this training opportunity, senior applicants must meet the above requirements. Applicants are able to participate in a maximum of three training opportunities within the Department.
On-the-Job Experience and Training:
The most senior qualified candidate for this opportunity will be gaining experience towards becoming a fully qualified Operations and Records Liaison. The exact length of the training opportunity may vary based on the previous experience of the successful candidate and the length of the position, but will be a maximum of two years.
The successful applicant for this training opportunity will receive the pay rate of Pay Grade 9 (inside), $31.90 per hour until the full qualifications have been reached. After successful completion of the Training Opportunity, the incumbent will move to a Pay Grade 10 (inside).
Employee Commitment: Upon successful completion of the training opportunity, the applicant must remain in the position for a two year term.
Hours & Days of Work
Shifts can consist of any of the following:
Monday to Friday
6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Hours Per Week
City of Kamloops -> Community and Protective Services -> RCMP
Records Management Systems Supervisor
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to. We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://www.kamloops.ca/hr/index.shtml.