BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Merritt
Director of Corporate Services
Merritt is a vibrant city, nestled in the beautiful Nicola Valley. The moderate climate, central location, comfortable size, and friendly community make Merritt a great place to live, work and play.
At the City of Merritt, our team is aimed at realizing Council’s vision of what Merritt can become, while changing people’s perception of what local government can accomplish. If you are looking for a dynamic, innovative workplace, where your colleagues are fun-loving and committed to achieving something special, you will find a welcome home on our team.
The Director of Corporate Services is a member of the senior leadership team and plays a critical supporting role in City initiatives across all departments. In addition to fulfilling the requirements of Corporate Officer under section 148 of the Community Charter, core duties of this position include:
- Leading the Bylaw Services department;
- Preparation of agendas for Council meetings;
- Responsibility for municipal election and elector approval processes;
- Ensuring Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act compliance;
- Overseeing records management for the City;
- Preparation of bylaws, policies, agreements, council reports and public correspondence.
This role is perfect for a leader who is keen to roll up their sleeves and work, while supporting others and inspiring excellence in those around them. The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field;
- Seven years of progressive experience at a leadership level or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, and clearly explain legislation;
- Impactful written and oral communication skills;
- Tact and diplomacy in working with elected officials, staff, media and the public.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a police information check as a condition of employment.
The City of Merritt offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package including competitive salary, pension and benefits along with opportunities for professional development and work/life flexibility.
The future is what you make it! Apply today and discover how you can make a difference with the City of Merritt.
Apply online at Merritt.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.