BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Public Works Assistant
The Village of Port Clements requires a full-time Public Works Assistant. Reporting to the Public Works Superintendent, the Public Works Assistant will assist with ensuring the Village of Port Clements services, infrastructure and properties are maintained and operational.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
Based on the direction provided by the Public Works Superintendent, the assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Water Treatment & Distribution Maintenance
- Sewer/Wastewater Treatment & Collection Maintenance
- Road Maintenance
- Municipal building maintenance
- Biomass Heating Plant monitoring and maintenance.
- Groundskeeping – ie. Landscaping, mowing, weeding, brushing, etc.
- Tool & Equipment Maintenance.
- and any additional duties requested by the supervisory staff or Council.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Drivers License
- The following EOCP certifications or obtain certification within 18 months of employment and willingness and ability to upgrade within 2 years if necessary:
- Small Water Systems
- Small Wastewater Systems
- Must possess a willingness to participate in training sessions to develop or enhance required skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.
- Ability to use computers/tablets – use of emails, MSWord./Excel, smartphone.
- Ability to work closely with Public Works Superintendent.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with staff and public.
- Self motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Mechanical/Carpentry/Plumbing experience an asset.
Please visit our website at www.portclements.ca for a full job description and posting details or contact our office at (250) 557- 4295 or email email@example.com.
If you are interested, please mail, fax or email your résumé with a cover letter and work references to:
Attention: Ruby Decock
The Village of Port Clements
Port Clements, B.C. V0T 1R0
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for this competition is FRIDAY, August 14, 2020 at 1:00 pm.