BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Fire MechanicThe City of Campbell River is seeking a Fire Mechanic within the Fire Operations Division.
As a Fire Mechanic, reporting to the Deputy Fire Chief – Operations, and part of the Fire Services team, you will be performing a full range of mechanical duties for the preventive maintenance and repair of the City’s diverse range of fire apparatus, equipment and small vehicles, both in the fire station and in field settings.
To be successful in this position you will possess:
- ITA Certificate of Qualification as Heavy Duty Equipment Technician, or Truck and Transport Mechanic or equivalent.
- Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) Certification – Level I and II (or obtain within 12 months of date of hire)
- Master EVT certification (or continue to work towards obtaining).
- Valid BC Commercial Vehicle Inspector Certification.
- Valid BC Class 3 Driver’s License with Airbrake Endorsement, and produce and maintain a clean driver’s abstract, as per City policy.
- NFPA 1002 Standard for Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications certificate.
- Five (5) years recent and related experience as a journeyman heavy duty equipment technician or truck and transport mechanic in the repair and maintenance of a variety of vehicles including automobiles, small trucks, heavy duty and/or commercial transport vehicles, emergency vehicles, machinery, equipment and small tools.
- Current experience in servicing fire emergency vehicles, apparatus and equipment.
- Current experience in fire apparatus pump and ground ladder testing to NFPA standards.
The starting hourly rate of pay for this IAFF bargaining unit position is $30.317.
For a detailed job description, which lists the necessary qualifications, please visit the “Employment Opportunities” section of our website at www.campbellriver.ca.
Your application MUST include a cover letter, resume, and all applicable certificates.
This posting closes at 4:30 pm on Sunday, August 23, 2020
Please send your application, quoting Competition EXT-20-26 to:
Human Resources Department
City of Campbell River
301 St. Ann’s Road
Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7