BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Recreation Leader - Attendant
Parks and Recreation
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
Varies, approx. 25-30 hours/week*
$25.32 - $29.73/hr (2019 rates) + 12% in lieu of all benefits & vacation
Parks and Recreation is seeking an outgoing, energetic and self-motivated individual to join the Queen’s Park Sportsplex team! As a Recreation Leader-Attendant, you will provide customer service, recreational leadership and facility support in this multi-purpose recreation facility.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in various front desk and clerical duties.
- Supporting, organizing, implementing and leading various recreation services such as drop-in sports programs.
- Performing various janitorial and minor facility maintenance tasks.
- Coordinating the work of other staff and volunteers engaged in related tasks.
- Providing support to the Queen’s Park facilities and other recreation facilities as required.
If you have the following characteristics and qualifications, we want to hear from you!
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by the completion of a 2 year post-secondary recreation program and related recreation and customer service experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience as deemed suitably by the employer may be considered.
- Preference will be given to those with Valid First Aid/CPR certification and experience with Perfect Mind and Microsoft Office Suite 2010.
- Sound knowledge of organized recreation principles and practices including the safe and proper use of equipment and facilities.
- Working knowledge of the program content for various recreation programs and services.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in janitorial work including WHMIS training.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City staff, program participants and rental customers.
- Flexibility and the willingness to be adaptable in performing a variety of tasks while on the job.
- Ability to present ideas and viewpoints effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Skill in the use of cleaning and related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform manual labour, including setting up and taking down related gymnastics and sports equipment.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
*The length of this work term is anticipated to be up to 4 months in duration but may be adjusted due to operational requirements.
Apply by sending your resume, quoting competition #20-47, by August 10, 2020 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada