BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Manager, Application and Web Services
West Vancouver is an attractive community on the North Shore! It is home to some of the region’s best parks and recreation locations: Whytecliff Park, Lighthouse Park, Cypress Provincial Park and ski area, and Ambleside Beach. At the District of West Vancouver, we're looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our team of dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that make West Vancouver a great place to live. Be part of our team!
The West Vancouver Information Technology Services Department has an immediate opening for a permanent, fulltime Manager, Application and Web Services to plan, coordinate, manage and oversee the day-to-day delivery of operational support for the Applications and Web Services teams. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Information Technology Services, this position will be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating the operations of Applications and Web Services under the guidance of the Senior Manager;
- Providing leadership in the evaluation, development and implementation of short and long term plans, strategies, policies, practices, management, programs and objectives as it relates to Application and Web Services;
- Preparing proposals, reports, presentations and recommendations on a variety of technology topics;
- Providing management direction to 6 employees by planning, assigning, and supervising work;
- Selecting, training, motivating and developing staff;
- Administering the District’s enterprise applications and web applications;
- Possess technical understanding and aptitude required to implement and operate business and web applications
- Preparing, managing and overseeing the Applications and Web Services operating and capital budgets with the Senior Manager;
- Identifying requirements for the design, development, deployment, support and continuous improvement of enterprise applications.
The preferred candidate will possess: a strong knowledge of the concepts, practices, and techniques of the relevant areas of Information Technology and related disciplines including enterprise application and web technologies service delivery; exceptional knowledge of the relevant computer applications and databases; and experience with implementation of information technology integrations in a municipality or large division/company using proven project management methodologies, including knowledge of Agile.
Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials, including attention to detail, within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
The successful candidate will have: a completed Degree in Computer Sciences plus several years of business systems analysis and process reengineering as well as some supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience; a Driver’s License valid in the Province of British Columbia; and access to a vehicle as required.
The successful candidate is required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
Exempt- Permanent, Full-time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
11:59 p.m. on Monday August 10, 2020
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.