BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Legislative Services Supervisor - #168
Closing Date: August 4, 2020
At the City of Kamloops, we are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
The City of Kamloops is seeking a talented leader to join the Legislative Services team! The Legislative Services Supervisor will play a key role in facilitating the business of City Council. If you're looking for an opportunity to contribute your skills and experience toward supporting transparent local democracy and managing a team in a fast-paced environment, this could be the opportunity for you.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Coordinates preparation of Council, Committee of the Whole, and statutory Committee meetings, including scheduling staff.
- Ensures the proceedings of Council, Committee of the Whole, and statutory Committee meetings are promptly and accurately recorded by staff.
- Attends meetings of Council, Committee of the Whole, and statutory Committees, as well as Public Hearings, in the absence of the Corporate Officer or as scheduled.
- Coordinates the review and updating of Council policies and bylaws.
- Ensures that official notices and/or Council decisions are posted in accordance with statutory requirements.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of post-secondary education in a relevant discipline at an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three to five years of supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable federal and provincial legislation.
- Knowledge of and experience with records management in the public sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
The annual starting salary is $90,987.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday Summer: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m./Winter: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Corporate Services -> Legislative Services
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.