BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Managing, Capital Projects
Permanent, Full Time
Under the direction of Director, this senior professional is responsible for managing, and overseeing facilities planning, programming and construction for nation-wide facilities and assisting with capital investment programs.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Stewards Squamish Nation’s Capital Projects.
- Advises Council.
- Manages relationships required to execute capital projects.
- Coordinates the project start-up of approved studies, developments or policy related work.
- Oversees development of standardized frameworks, policies and guidelines for Capital Project Planning.
- Jointly manages budgetary strategies for capital projects, in association with the Director.
- Supervises the Health and Safety of Employees and adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the Planning & Capital Projects Team.
Education; Level of Experience & Hiring Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Planning or other relevant discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 4 - 5 years related experience in the majority of specialties listed in job description including architecture, urban design, project planning, facility/construction management, budgeting, reports, etc.
- As career progresses, incumbent may be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to budgeting, forecasting, staff management, facility planning, construction project, etc.
- Extensive experience in the private and/or public sector and demonstrated experience in project management is preferred.
- Must have related experience in managing multiple on-going capital facilities projects with responsibilities for the developing and implementing plans, preparing a variety of business documents and reports and coordinating with contractors.
- Experience as an intermediate or advanced level user MS Office, the internet, etc. Working experience with a large scale computerized database system.
- Experience with JD Edwards will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community is preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and current auto insurance.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License Class 4 or 5. Class 7N may be considered.
- Must provide a valid Criminal Records Check as per Squamish Nation Policy.
- May to willing to consider a Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to architecture/engineering/construction/planning plus 6 – 7 years of relevant/related experience.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
Wage: $84,683 to $99,627 annually, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
All applications must be completed using the on-line application. Please use the Chrome Browser when applying: https://www.squamish.net/jobs/
Application MUST Include:
- Cover Letter and Resume
As per policy, successful applicant will need to provide:
- References from direct supervisors, and
- Official copies of school records
Chén̓ chenstway Human Resources
336 West 4th Street
North Vancouver, BC V7M 1J1
Posting Closes: July 30, 2020
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH RELEVANT TRAINING & EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW