BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Building Inspector I
Building Permits & Licences
CUPE, Full Time on a
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford’s Building Permits & Licences Department is seeking a self-motivated professional to join their team as a Building Inspector I on a permanent, full-time basis.
The Building Inspector I is a technical and regulatory position involving the inspection of structural, architectural, landscaping, civil, and safety installations in all types of new construction and alterations to existing structures, to ensure that the work complies with all existing codes and regulations.
The incumbent will be required to conduct inspections in accordance with the British Columbia Building Code and the City Building By-law to enforce various municipal by-laws, codes and regulations. The incumbent works under minimal supervision and exercises some independence of judgement and action in technical aspects of the work, discussing difficult problems and policy matters with a supervisor or a Building Inspector II. The work entails extensive contact, liaising and technical guidance to a variety of internal and external customers.
- Applied Science Technologist (AScT) with ASTTBC; plus, one-year experience working in building construction or design;
- Successful completion of the BOABC Level I examination(s);
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, such as a Trade Qualification in a building-related discipline and relevant experience may be considered;
- Membership with the Building Officials’ Association of B.C. (BOABC) as a Level I Qualified Building Official;
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s Licence.
This position is unionized, CUPE Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is from $37.55 to $44.19.
At the City of Abbotsford we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We offer ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are looking for a challenge with the opportunity to make an impact in a fast growing municipality, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please visit us online at: www.abbotsford.ca/careers
Closing Date: August 7, 2020