BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Climate Action Program Assistant
Parks & Environmental Services – Environmental Protection
Regular Full time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$32.42- $35.53 per hour
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on July 24, 2020 but will remain open until filled
The Climate Action Program Assistant provides a broad range of services in support of regional climate action including planning, developing, implementing and monitoring of projects, initiatives and campaigns.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of Climate Action Program initiatives and projects related to both mitigation and adaptation
- Participates in design, implementation and monitoring of public education and outreach programs.
- Develops and maintains website and digital resources.
- Develops grant and funding applications.
- Responds to inquiries and information requests from members of the public, municipal staff, and elected officials regarding the climate action portfolio, referring more complex matters to the Climate Action Program Coordinator.
- Liaises with non-governmental organizations, community associations, residents, and industry stakeholders on climate action initiatives.
- Drafts and prepares staff and program reports for the Climate Action Program Coordinator or other CRD staff.
- Conducts research and analysis on best practices, indicators, policies, bylaws, grants, resourcing strategies and prepares reports summarizing findings.
- Provides support to the Inter-Municipal Climate Action Working Group and Steering Committees such as arranging meetings, preparing agendas, recording minutes and action lists, and maintaining files.
- Data entry and record keeping related to corporate GHG emission inventories
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- University Degree in a field related to the work such as Environmental Studies, Geography, Business or Political Science and a minimum of one year relevant work experience or a diploma in a related field and 3-5 years’ directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sustainability and/or climate change issues including applicable climate change legislation, policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Sound project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work as part of a team, with minimum supervision and deadline pressures.
- Proficiency with research and analysis on environmental issues.
- Excellent report writing skill.
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative and research skill.
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint) and website software.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted