BC Local Government Job Posting Service
PUBLIC WORKS DIVISION
STORM AND WASTEWATER
Certified Pump Mechanic
The District of Saanich is seeking an experienced Journeyman Electrician for work in the Storm and Wastewater Section. This is tradesperson work at the journeyman level requiring skill and ability in the application of maintenance and repair procedures for wastewater facilities. The work also includes design input and construction supervision for new wastewater facilities.
- Uses computer based SCADA system to monitor pump stations
- Installs and maintains piping, appurtenances, flow monitoring equipment and related computer software
- Repair, test, and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems/motor starters/V.F.D’s (variable frequency drive)/transfer switch/stand by power units
- Conduct scheduled preventive maintenance of electrical equipment, repair of electrical/mechanical systems
- Provide written reports of work required for repairs and upgrades
- Participate, collaborate and cooperate with other trades to speed up repair and maintenance
- Maintain all electrical wiring and switch gears such as to ensure operator safety and machine integrity
Requirements include: completion of Grade 12; EOCP Level II Wastewater Collection Certification; supervisory training and experience; possession of a valid BC Driver’s Licence; possession of a Trades Qualification Certificate in Industrial Electrician; must possess valid FSR-B certification; successful completion of a Pump maintenance course and/or equivalent experience; minimum of four years’ experience or a combination or experience and training in work directly related to sewer and lift stations; and fit to perform work in all weather conditions and work while in close proximity or in actual contact with raw sewage. Experience as an industrial electrician is an asset. Note: Only those with applicable qualifications will be contacted
This is a C.U.P.E. Local 2011 position with a wage of $36.61 per hour and an excellent benefits package. Job description and competition information can be found at www.saanich.ca. This is an open until filled posting. Please apply quoting competition 20095 to: Human Resources, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 2W7 (Fax 250-475-5550) or Email email@example.com. In addition to the interview process, testing will be conducted. We thank all applicants for applying. Only those under consideration will be contacted.