BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Competition No.: 2020-117
Duration: Regular Full Time
Salary: $5,768 – 6,180 – 6,592 – 7,416 – 8,240 – 8,487/month (2019 rates)
Last Updated: 7/2/20 10:55 AM
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community. With this in mind, we hire people who share the same passion, those with the drive and determination to grow with and contribute to our already exceptional team. People like you!
The Burnaby Fire Department is committed to providing the highest level of fire-related emergency services to protect the life and property of the citizens of Burnaby. In addition to attending emergency calls and extinguishing fires, Burnaby Firefighters are actively involved in public education and fire prevention in order to raise awareness about fire safety. We are now accepting applications from interested applicants wanting to join our team of dedicated professionals who are involved in making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve.
Interested applicants must ensure they meet the following required qualifications:
- Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant status
- Minimum High School graduation or equivalent
- Valid BC Class 3 Driver’s License (for automatic vehicles) without restrictions, with airbrake endorsement
- NFPA 1001
- No more than 6 points on your safe driving record in the last 3 years at the time of your application
- No convictions of a relevant criminal offense for which a pardon has not be granted
- Current/valid EMA, EMR– First Responder License (formerly FR3) or higher
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) is considered an asset.
- Interviews: September 21 to October 2
- 2-day Orientation: Group 1: November 7 and 14 Group 2: November 8 and 15
- Physical Abilities Test: Walk-through November 28 Test: November 29
- Ride-along: January 2 - 31
- Fire Chief interviews: February 8 - 10
- Recruit class start date: March 22, 2021
Please ensure your resume is updated before applying. At the time of application, you will have a series of supplementary questions to answer which will be used in assessing your candidature. We will not be able to make any changes on your behalf once you have applied. We kindly request you review the Burnaby Fire Department careers website prior to contacting Human Resources due to high call volume.
Please apply by August 14, 2020.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets will be required as part of the application package.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a criminal records search.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply to this position
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Visit us at www.burnaby.ca