BC Local Government Job Posting Service
District of Kitimat
Engineering Technologist I
Kitimat is a major industrial centre located at the head of the Douglas Channel in Northwestern BC. A modern, prosperous community of approximately 10,000 people, Kitimat offers excellent recreational opportunities, reasonably priced housing and a high quality, family-oriented lifestyle.
The District of Kitimat seeks an energetic, responsible individual to fill its current vacancy in the Engineering Dept. Under the direction of the Deputy Municipal Engineer this position offers a variety of involvement in the municipality's engineering and public works programs, including assisting with engineering and operational projects, survey, design, and project management.
The successful applicant will have the following requirements:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- Certified or eligible for certification as an Applied Science Technologist in B.C.
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- Ability to interpret/apply drawings, specifications, standards and regulations in accordance with accepted engineering and municipal practice
- Knowledge of survey techniques and ability to use computerized engineering systems
- Proven track record of working productively both in a team atmosphere and independently
- Good written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with MS Office, Autodesk Land Development and Civil 3D
- Experience in municipal design and inspection for roads and utilities
- WHMIS training and knowledge of Worksafe BC Regulations
- Valid B.C. driver's licence (Class 5/7N)
This is a bargaining unit position with a salary range of $36.88 per hour to $43.43 per hour (achieved in two years), and a full benefits package.
This position will remain open until filled. The first application review will occur on July 17, 2020. Applications complete with references should be submitted to HR Manager, District of Kitimat, 270 City Centre, Kitimat, B.C., V8C 2H7, Fax (250) 632-4995, or e-mailed to HR@kitimat.ca.
Community Information can be obtained from our website at www.kitimat.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted