BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Facility Maintenance Worker - Plumbing
Regular Full-Time, 40 hours per week
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Engineering & Operations Department, Engineering Division, seeks an individual with outstanding work ethic and a safety first attitude to join their team. The Facility Maintenance Worker - Plumbing is responsible for maintenance, alterations, and installations for plumbing, backflow testing, water-based fire protection systems, sump pumps, boilers and HVAC systems at various civic facilities. The work includes corrective and preventative maintenance tasks of considerable variety as well as repairs, which are self-initiated, or from facility service request. The Facility maintenance worker must be able to work independently, exercise judgement and initiative, provide recommendations to improve civic facilities, retain and oversee contractors and want to work with a team who share the goal of improving the City.
- A valid Red Seal Journeyman Plumbing Certification (Provincial or Interprovincial); supplemented by knowledge of the City’s and some related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Considerable knowledge and experience with the principles, codes, practices, tools and equipment used in plumbing, boiler and furnace maintenance and repair work;
- Ability to use and provide instruction on the safe use of plumbing equipment and tools;
- Ability to diagnose and repair plumbing defects and provide advice & recommendations to management;
- Ability to interpret schematic drawings and blueprints;
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills;
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public and colleagues in a courteous, professional and effective manner;
- Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety first attitude;
- Experience interpreting and applying safety precautions and practices associated with plumbing, HVAC, backflow and fire protection systems;
- Knowledge of the physical layout of White Rock considered an asset;
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision;
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license;
- Preference will be given to candidates who in addition to the requirements have a Class B Gas Fitter certificate, a Red Seal Carpenter, A current Backflow Assembly Tester Certification, Fire Protection Technician Certification, ASTTBC Fire Extinguisher Endorsement, ASTTBC Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Endorsement, Locksmith License, or other relevant Red Seal certification relevant to facility maintenance.
The hourly wage of this unionized position is $77,098 annually (2019 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, current drivers abstract and your Journeyman Plumbing Certification for consideration.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/jobs
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted