BC Local Government Job Posting Service
District of Port Hardy
Operational Services Department
Permanent Full Time Shop Mechanic
Come “Live the Adventure” with us
The District of Port Hardy requires a Red Seal Heavy Duty Journeyman Mechanic for a full-time permanent position in the Operational Services Department.
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for:
- Maintenance and repairs on a variety of gasoline and diesel-powered equipment.
- Maintenance and repairs to small motors on pumps, compressors, compactor, mowers etc.
- Maintenance and operation of the District repair shop.
- Maintain records for all maintenance and repair work.
- Other related duties.
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Journeyman Mechanic.
- Valid BC Drivers License (Class 3 with air).
- Valid, BC Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certification.
- Completion of grade 12 education or equivalent with basic computer skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use Automotive Scan Tool is desirable.
- Experience as an equipment operator is desirable.
This is a Union position with a wage rate of $34.33, as per IUOE collective agreement 2015-2019.
Please forward your resume by Wednesday, July 8, 2020 to the District of Port Hardy 7360 Columbia Street Box 68, Port Hardy, B.C., V0N 2P0
Or email: email@example.com