BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Business Services and Licensing Manager
Regular Full Time
One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
The City of Coquitlam has an exciting opportunity for a Business Services and Licensing Manager to join the Legal and Bylaw Services division. Reporting to the Director Legal and Bylaw Enforcement, this newly created leadership position will be responsible for providing support and guidance to our business community as well as enhancing our business licensing functions. The successful incumbent will provide their business analysis and customer-oriented expertise to our business community through client-focused solutions and identifying and providing clear pathways through the regulatory process to support new and existing businesses in Coquitlam.
Specific areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to:
- Identifying trends and undertaking improvement initiatives leading to alternative and enhanced customer service opportunities;
- Administering the City’s business licensing bylaws and tracking system;
- Providing oversight of the Business LinQ resource centre;
- Leading, directing and supervising a team of professionals in the effective delivery of business licensing services;
- Working collaboratively with senior management, coordinating and supporting the division’s business planning functions and KPI monitoring and reporting, including annual and trimester reports and division dashboards;
- Preparing and administering annual budgets for the Business Licensing team; and
- Coordinating various administrative functions for the division’s other business areas.
This position is ideally suited for someone who approaches their work with a high degree of customer- service and seeks collaboration with our community partners and stakeholder groups (internal and external). In addition, this position requires someone with strong analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal); the ability to prepare written reports and make presentations for senior management and Council; possess strong business and political acumen, and is able to influence positive change on matters that have a high degree of importance to the City.
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field. Preference will be given to those candidates that hold a Master’s degree in any of these program disciplines and/or a professional accounting or project management designation. In addition, education should be supplemented with seven or more years of progressive related management experience in a public sector, preferably local government setting.
The City offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a police security clearance evaluation.
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 5:00 pm July 3, 2020.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted