BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Fire Dispatch Management (FDM)
June 15, 2020
We are the third largest regional district in BC delivering over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from Abbotsford to Boston Bar. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to fill the position of the Fire Dispatch Management (FDM) Communications Coordinator.
The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Information Technology. The incumbent will perform a variety of complex tasks including assisting the FVRD e911 FDM team/contractors with managing and deployment of e911 hardware and related supporting software applications; providing administrative support to FDM/Communication team and the Manager of IT; developing and providing staff and client training; and managing the FVRD FDM Helpdesk system
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. Bring your positive energy, ambition and desire to learn, and we will take care of the rest.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Degree in business of public safety communications or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum 2 years of emergency dispatch, RMS, FDM software experience;
- Proficient in MS office skills;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Demonstrated ability to administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and plan for office services such as supplies, disposal of assets, maintenance of equipment and network services to the Fire Halls and e911 comm towers;
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls;
- Demonstrated ability to review, evaluate and implement new administrative procedures;
- Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $33.68 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package. Upon successful completion of the required six-month probationary period the wage rate will increase to $39.62 per hour.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2020-35 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on July 27, 2020 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted