BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Engineering ManagerRegular Full Time Position
Infrastructure & Public Works
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure & Public Works, the Engineering Manager is responsible to deliver engineering, project and asset management services in the areas of water, wastewater, storm water, transportation, solid waste, land-use, development, buildings and other infrastructure. This position is also responsible for organizing, directing and monitoring all aspects of annual project and capital construction management and the supervision of the Infrastructure & Public Works team. Overall, the department is responsible for the design, construction, maintenance, operation and management of the District’s infrastructure and many essential services in an efficient, equitable and responsible manner.
This position is being posted initially as a three year term position. The duration of this position will be reviewed in the first and second year to define the long term future needs of the District’s asset management and capital programs.
- Manages the daily construction activities for capital projects, including the District’s waste water treatment facility, which will being construction in the fall of 2020.
- Leads projects and programs from inception through to completion on a variety of engineering assignments across broad technical fields;
- Directs and manages resources effectively in a rapidly changing environment, and ensures that timelines, quality and standards are met or exceeded.
- Acts as a primary technical representative on committees, provides input at meetings, and liaises with multiple stakeholders about projects, programs and developments.
- Reports to and is supported by a Director and has two direct reports (Engineering Project/Asset Management Coordinator and the Public Works Foreman) in addition to 6-8 PW utility and labour employees.
A detailed job description outlining the duties and qualifications is available on the District’s website at www.tofino.ca
- Bachelor in Engineering from accredited institution (civil engineering preferred).
- Registered Professional Engineer in good standing within British Columbia.
- Project Management certification considered an asset.
- 10 years of progressively complex and challenging experience and responsibility in engineering, operations, project management and construction management.
- Municipal procurement, contract administration and Asset Management training/certification considered an asset.
- Proficiency with engineering and management computer software and Microsoft office programs
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
Hours of Work & Salary:
This is an exempt position based on a 37.5 hour work week. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume indicating the position applied for, in confidence, by:
District of Tofino
PO Box 9
Tofino BC, V0R 2Z0
121 Third Street
The District thanks all applicants and will contact only those selected for an interview.