BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Operations SupervisorFull-Time, Benefited
The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) is inviting applications for the leadership position of Operations Supervisor at the Nelson & District Community Complex.
This position will have considerable contact with RDCK employees, contractors and the public. It is the Operations Supervisor’s responsibility to foster a workplace environment that is oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Recreation, or designate, the Operations Supervisor provides effective leadership for the facility maintenance and operations of the facilities under the jurisdiction of the Nelson & District Community Complex (NDCC), and works collaboratively with facility staff to optimize program and service delivery. This role requires considerable knowledge of best practices and operations of Recreation Facility Management and will work to ensure facility activities are carried out according to policies, standards and regulations in order to optimize operational effectiveness.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. The successful applicant will earn $35.72 her hour and will be provided with a generous benefits package which includes three weeks vacation to start and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan. We have an anticipated start in mid-late July, but we are willing to be flexible and work with the successful candidate.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
- Diploma in an applicable discipline such as Facility Management, Construction Management, Site Supervision or Project Management, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience directly related to arena and pool operations PLUS a minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Refrigeration Operator Certificate
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certification
- Current Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certification
- Arena Ice Makers Course OR willingness and ability to obtain within one year of hire
- Pool Operator Level 2 Certificate of Competency or equivalent
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team and to provide direction, coaching, and guidance as required
- Demonstrated ability to plan, monitor and maintain projects and budgets
- Good understanding of safe work policy and procedure and a demonstrated ability to ensure the facility is maintained with public and staff safety in mind
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise independence of judgment / action in the operation of the equipment and facilities
- Possess and demonstrate strong administrative and organizational skills
Join us in Nelson!
This exciting opportunity is based in the beautiful city of Nelson BC, a world-class recreational playground with all the comforts of today's amenities and lots of exciting things to do and see year round. This community offers all the benefits of small town living, boasts a strong and diverse economy and thriving business sector, has convenient access to parks, great schools and heath care services, and is located just a few hours away from major city centres. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational opportunities including ,skiing, hiking, and biking, as well as access to multiple special interest groups, theatre, music, arts and, of course, an exceptional recreational facility!
About the Complex:
Employees at the Nelson & District Community Complex have the opportunity to be a part of a great team of people and work in a facility they can be proud of. The facility houses an ice arena, a 6 lane, 25 metre pool and leisure pool, waterslide, hot tub , sauna, steamroom, weight room, fitness studio and meeting rooms. As the central recreation hub in the City, the NDCC is a vibrant and active place to be.
This posting, along with a detailed job description outlining the complete required qualifications and the variety of roles and responsibilities included in this role, can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities.
Applications submitted in the form of a resume and cover letter will be accepted by Human Resources until 8am on Tuesday, June 16, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay. All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted. This posting may be used to fill other similar positions within the RDCK over the next six months.
For more information or to apply contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 250.352.1546
or visit rdck.ca/jobs
Posted: May 20, 2020, 1:09 pm
Expires: June 16, 2020, 8:00 am