BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Trades II - ERWS Treatment Plant / Utilities
Hours of Work:
40 hour work-week / 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Five (5) consecutive days including Saturday / Sunday
$34.02 per hour in accordance with Article 23.06
$34.84 per hour after successful completion of probationary period
The City of Parksville is an active community of urban professionals, families with young children, and retirees who have chosen to live in our community for a quality of life and the region's inspiring natural environment. Nestled on Vancouver Island’s east coast, 13,000 residents call Parksville home. We are committed to being the city of choice for ourselves, our employees and future generations to come.
This is skilled work at the journeyman level, which includes supervisory responsibilities in the direction of subordinates. The incumbent participates in the work of the water treatment plant and utilities, and is directly responsible to the Foreman. This is manual, mechanical and construction work that involves complexity and variety involving semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the operations of the water treatment, sewer and water utilities.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Environmental Operators Certification Program - Level III in water treatment.
- Environmental Operators Certification Program - Level II in water distribution.
- WHMIS Certification
- First Aid Level 1
- Possession of a Class 5 BC Drivers License
- Four (4) years’ experience in water treatment, sewer and water utility construction maintenance and operations in local government including working in confined space.
Preferred External Qualifications
- Environmental Operators Certificate Program – Level III in water distribution.
- Class 3 BC Drivers License with air brake endorsement.
See job description for full details. This is a CUPE Local 401 Position.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to HR@parksville.ca with posting # and position title in the subject line by 4:00pm Friday, May 29, 2020.
The City of Parksville thanks you for your interest and regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
City of Parksville | 100 Jensen Avenue East | P O Box 1390, Parksville, BC V9P 2H3
Phone 250 248-6144 | Fax 250 248-6650 | www.parksville.ca