BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Financial AssistantDate of Issue: May 1, 2020
Closing Date: June 1, 2020
Competition Number: 0927
Number of Positions: One
Status: Full Time Term Position (Maternity Leave)
Days/Hours of Work: 35
Pay: $26.07 per hour (plus 13% in lieu of benefits)
APPLICATIONS MUST BE received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date. Applications must be complete and include qualifications and experience relevant to this job.
Job Function: Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll transactions to ensure that municipal finances are maintained in an effective up-to-date and accurate manner.
- Preparation and maintenance of payroll and all related reports and documentation.
- Preparation and maintenance of accounts payable.
- Preparation of accounts receivable and related records.
- Preparation of bank deposits
- Month-end reconciliations
- Assists at front count reception duties.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and maintaining general ledgers.
- Knowledge of payroll functions and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and payroll information.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
The qualified candidate must be able to learn MAIS (Municipal Accounting Information System) and be proficient with Word and Excel.
Five years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in working in a municipal government environment preferred.
Submit a detailed resume and cover letter to the attention of Debbie Joujan, Chief Administrative Officer or email to email@example.com or by facsimile to (250) 846-9572 or to the Village Office at Box 220, 1415 Hankin Avenue, Telkwa, BC, V0J 2X0, by June 1, 2020.
A full job description can be found at www.telkwa.ca
Posted: May 1, 2020, 3:41 pm
Expires: June 1, 2020, 4:30 pm