BC Local Government Job Posting Service
School District No. 68 (Nanaimo-Ladysmith)
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools (NLPS) is looking for a passionate leader to join our Facilities team as Assistant Manager in our Operations Department with opportunity for advancement. This position works predominantly afternoon shift when school is in session and day shift when school is out.
Working closely with the Manager of Operations, you will be responsible for supporting department safety, quality and people goals. Duties to include maintaining a positive, trusting, and healthy work environment through effective personnel management, scheduling, budgeting and planning.
Working as part of a dynamic team, you will:
- Manage the day to day operations pertaining to custodial services, pest control, waste management (garbage, recycling, organics) and security of all buildings. This encompasses over 80 staff in 40 sites from Ladysmith to Lantzville.
- Make decisions about department priorities and advise the Manager of any issues requiring urgent action.
- Communicate with other NLPS departments and cross functional teams to ensure inclusion, clarity, cooperation and progress.
- Respond to after hours inquiries.
- Assist in managing the various contracts, vendors, projects and equipment preventative maintenance.
- Track key performance measurements.
- Assist in managing the budget to ensure the department meets District goals.
You possess the equivalent combination of skills, education and related industry experience to meet the responsibilities of the role, including, but not limited to:
- In-depth knowledge of current custodial and security practices and procedures.
- Ability to manage set priorities, work independently, perform duties with speed and accuracy, work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Proven leadership skills and a team approach to managing.
- The ability to provide leadership working in a changing environment.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive issues with a high degree of diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Outstanding people, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook. Must be skilled on computer and email.
- Minimum two years Post Secondary education in business management or a related field.
- Five years experience in the building services field in a multi-site, unionized setting.
- Five years management / supervisory experience in a related field.
This full-time permanent position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their application including a cover letter, detailed personal resume, contact information for three professional references, along with any other relevant supporting documentation via https://bit.ly/3c19HIx.
Please note: Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Posted: April 29, 2020, 3:03 pm
Expires: May 29, 2020, 4:30 pm