BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Heavy Duty/Automotive Mechanic
Engineering & Regional Utilities
Regular Full Time
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford is currently offering an exciting opportunity in our Engineering and Regional Utilities Department for a Full-time skilled journeyman mechanic with a passion for customer service and teamwork.
The successful applicant will perform general mechanical overhaul and maintenance work on a wide variety of Automotive and Heavy Duty equipment. Role will use electronic diagnostic equipment for computerized systems and undertake preventative maintenance and inspection and prepare reports of conditon and recommendations.
The incumbent works under the general supervision of a supervisor who evaluates performance in terms of quality of service provided and adherence to established standards of performance.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Grade 12 plus a current British Columbia Trades Qualification in Heavy Duty, Automotive or Commercial Transport Mechanic;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the trade;
- BC Certificate of Apprenticeship;
- BC Certificate of Qualification;
- Valid Class 3 B.C. Drivers Licence with Air Endorsement
- Valid Certificate for Commercial Vehicle Inspection Permits
This position is unionized, C.U.P.E Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is from $30.18 to $35.49 per hour plus we offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package.
Closing date: Open until filled
If you are ready for a rewarding and fulfilling career where you will play an integral role in helping Abbotsford be the city that all other communities aspire to be, please submit your application.
To apply, visit us online at: www.abbotsford.ca/careers