BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Senior Development Technologist
Development and Regulatory Enforcement Services Department
The City of Chilliwack is home to more than 90,000 residents and offers a wide range of services to best serve the population. If you want to work for a supportive employer in a city with exceptional outdoor amenities minutes away, a bounty of farm-to-table options and a rich history, Chilliwack is the place for you.
As a rapidly growing municipality committed to quality service and a positive work environment, we are seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the community.
Are you the one we’re looking for?
Reporting to the Land Development Manager you will: Assist management in the efficient operation in the Department through reliable performance in all areas of land development and servicing work.
In order for you to succeed in this role, you will need to have the following requirements and skills:
- Reviewing land development civil engineering plans, geotechnical and environmental reports;
- Investigating and reporting on technical problems in servicing of drainage, roads and utilities;
- Monitoring warranty work requirements during the one-year guarantee period;
- Inspecting and making recommendations with respect to subdivision servicing;
- Preparing cost estimates and coordinate sales and service work orders for installation of works;
- Coordinating the Departments review of all rezoning, subdivision, Development Permits, ALR exclusion and Development Variance Permit applications;
- On-going review of the Subdivision Servicing Bylaw; preparing draft amendments of the technical requirements or procedure;
- Attending committee meetings, develop new and improved work procedures and upon receipt of approval, implement same; and other duties as assigned from time to time.
If you have the following knowledge, skills and abilities we encourage you to apply.
- Must be a graduate of an Institute of Technology in a two-year Civil Engineering Technologist Program with a minimum of 5 years experience related to municipal engineering work and land development servicing OR an acceptable combination of training and experience;
- Sound knowledge of engineering principles and practices, civil inspections and technical records relating to municipal engineering
- Able to coordinate the application of a wide variety of provincial and municipal requirements, standards, regulations, bylaws and related criteria and to prepare and submit reports relative to their impact on subdivision or development servicing;
- Good knowledge of municipal bylaws, zoning regulations and other pertinent regulations/policies
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in written format, with sound knowledge and ability to prepare and present technical and non-technical reports;
- Able to read and interpret geo-technical and environmental assessments, and engineering drawings and plans, to identify, collect and analyze relevant data from these and other sources and to anticipate and correct for possible conflicts; and,
- Able to coordinate the application of a wide variety of provincial and municipal requirements, standards, regulations, bylaws and related criteria and to prepare and submit reports relative to their impact on subdivision or development servicing.
The City of Chilliwack is proud to be a competitive employer offering opportunities for professional development, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, and a focus on corporate wellness.
How to Apply:
Job Title: Senior Development Technologist
Competition Number: 2020-27
Closing Date: April 3, 2020
Visit jobs.chilliwack.com to apply for this or other positions.