BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) is inviting applications for the leadership position of Operations Supervisor at the Castlegar & District Community Complex.
This position will have considerable contact with RDCK employees, contractors and the public. It is the Operations Supervisor’s responsibility to foster a workplace environment that is oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
The Operations Supervisor provides effective leadership for the facility maintenance and operations of the facilities under the jurisdiction of the Castlegar & District Recreation Department (CDRD). This role requires considerable knowledge of best practices and operations of Recreation Facility Management and will work to ensure facility activities are carried out according to policies, standards and regulations in order to optimize operational effectiveness.
Employees at the Castlegar & District Community Complex have the opportunity to be a part of a great team of people and work in a facility they can be proud of. The facility houses an ice arena, a 6 lane, 25 meter pool and leisure pool, whirlpool, weight room, fitness studio, meeting rooms, banquet facility, kitchen and senior centre. Adjacent to the facility are pickleball and tennis courts, soccer/football field, ball diamond and skateboard park.
Required Qualifications and Experience Include:
- Diploma in an applicable discipline such as Facility Management, Construction Management, Site Supervision or Project Management, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience directly related to arena and pool operations PLUS a minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Refrigeration Operator Certificate
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certification
- Current Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certification
- Arena Ice Makers Course OR willingness and ability to obtain within one year of hire
- Pool Operator Level 2 Certificate of Competency or equivalent
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Include:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team and to provide direction, coaching, and guidance as required
- Demonstrated ability to plan, monitor and maintain projects and budgets
- Good understanding of safe work policy and procedure and a demonstrated ability to ensure the facility is maintained with public and staff safety in mind
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise independence of judgment / action in the operation of the equipment and facilities
- Possess and demonstrate strong administrative and organizational skills
Join us in Castlegar!
With an outstanding temperate climate and situated amidst mountains, rivers, lakes and wildlife, Castlegar is a vibrant and active community located in the heart of the Selkirk Mountains! Castlegar is the West Kootenay’s commercial service centre and home of the West Kootenay Regional Airport and Selkirk College’s main campus. This community offers all the benefits of small town living, boasts a strong and diverse economy, has convenient access to parks, great schools and heath care services, and is located just a few hours away from major city centers. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational opportunities including 3 season golf, skiing, hiking, biking, fishing and much more! All this in addition to multiple groups of special interests, numerous activities, theatre, music, arts and, of course, an exceptional recreational facility!
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. The successful applicant will earn $35.72 her hour and will be provided with a generous benefits package which includes three weeks vacation to start, and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan.
This posting, along with a detailed job description outlining the complete required qualifications and the variety of roles and responsibilities included in this role, can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities.
Applications submitted in the form of a resume and cover letter will be accepted by Human Resources until 8am on Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
For more information or to apply contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 250.352.1546 or visit rdck.ca/jobs
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay. All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted. This posting may be used to fill other similar positions within the RDCK over the next six months.